If you have a sudden eye problem, the best place for you to go is your local optometrist

This is the case if you think you have red eyes, a foreign body in your eye, vision problems that come on quickly, eye pain or discomfort, or you’re seeing flashes or floaters.

Your local optometrist can give you expert advice on eye problems that need urgent attention and the best way to treat them.

There isn’t a charge, they will see you within 24 hours or refer you to someone who can. Many optometry practices are open on Saturdays.


By going to your optometrist you’ll save your GP’s time for the patients only they can care for. And you’ll help reduce the time patients wait in A&E.

Alton Murphy – Experts in Eye Care.

Call your nearest practice for help and advice if you are experiencing any eye problems.

Image gallery